Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

importing efs certificates on mac?

• Please log in to reply

mikeloeven

mikeloeven

• PipPipPip
  • 305 posts
this may sound like a stupid question but i have an external drive with a few encrypted files on it i have the efs private key exported as a certificate and i was wondering if there is a way to install the certificate onto a mac computer so it can read the drive. i know mac has ntfs drivers built in i also have the paragon ntfs for mac driver. but i still have no idea if macs have efs support or where to put the certificate.

Advertisements

computerxpds

computerxpds

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 44 posts
Hi,

First and fore most no question is ever stupid, this is a very interesting question, I have looked around and have searched through other forums and have not come up with anything really, have you tried to see if they will open <-- that would seem stupid but you never know. :)

fisheromacs

fisheromacs

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
From what i have been able to glean, EFS on NTFS is pretty much Windows Professional only.
All the APIs are Windows proprietary and, to the best of my knowledge, have not been released/ported/reverse engineered to any non-Windows OSs.