Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I'm getting 4 error popup boxes on bootup

• Please log in to reply

EJMills

EJMills

• Pip
  • 4 posts
These errors don't appear to be affecting the performance of my computer, but it is irritating and I would like for them to go away. Here's the boxes in the order that they popup on boot up. Just clicking OK makes them go away and then I can do whatever I want. Any advice on how to stop them? Thanks
Ed Mills

Posted Image
Posted Image

Advertisements

EJMills

EJMills

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello -- Haven't heard anything on this and I guess it got missed. Anyone got any advice for me?
Thanks
Ed Mills

nestorey

nestorey

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
okay, it looks like there are some irrelevant programs set to run on start-up.
a quick fix is to run msconfig (start-run-in the box type MSCONFIG) and prevent any programs you are not familiar with from opening. you'll figure out how it works once you run the program (pretty cool app. actually). then the next thing is to remove those programs...either add/remove programs or you'll need to do a spyware scan and remove all crud that comes up. hope this helps, let me know!

EJMills

EJMills

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Excellent. That fixed it and I went through and removed the offending programs. I have rebooted several times now successfully. Thank you very much for your assistance.
Regards
Ed Mills

nestorey

nestorey

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
glad i could help. thanks for getting back to me about it :tazz: