Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Antec 902 Case

• Please log in to reply

xGhost

xGhost

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I have an Antec 902 case. After installing everything and I power the computer up, the LEDs light up and the fans start going. Aside from that, nothing shows up on the monitor. I've read somewhere that the Antec 902 cases do not come with a case speaker. Is it possible to get one separately or will I just have to take shots in the dark? Also, at this point I'm about ready to give up and take it somewhere to get it built by someone who better knows what they're doing. In that case, where would I take it?

Thanks for any help.

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
More information like what the motherboard is and what hardware you are using would help pinpoint the problem you have. video card?, memory?, make and model of MB?

While most motherboards have a built in system speaker, a few don't. Check for a small round black object on the motherboard.It looks like this one in the top right hand corner of the picture.

Posted Image

Yes you can buy a case speaker if you have somewhere to plug it in. You need to check the motherboard documentation to see if there is a system speaker on board on not.

You also may try hitting the delete key while the computer is booting up to see if a BIOS screen comes up. If you still get nothing then you have a video problem.

Check the following.

Monitor works? try it on another computer. are graphics set to default?

video cable, is it bad? tried another cable?

Do you hear a string of beeps when the computer is starting? a SINGLE beep says the computer hardware is all working. Anything else points to a hardware problem.

Is the ram Memory installed in the computer seated properly, and can you try another known good memory stick?

Beyond this it is time to try using a video card to see if you get any video at all.

SRX660

xGhost

xGhost

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
It turns out it was a short in the motherboard. It was a refurbished motherboard and wasn't working properly. Thanks for the help, though!