Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Power save crash while gaming

• Please log in to reply

NekoStar

NekoStar

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello GTG! Obviously, i'm new here, and I really need help. If anyone here can help me, i'd be forever grateful. Here's details of my problem:

While playing a high-end game like Left 4 Dead 2, or the APB (All points bulletin) demo, about 30 minutes/1 hr in, my CPU crashes to a black screen. The monitor states it is in 'power save mode' and the monitor LED is golden yellow. After a couple seconds, the sound starts to loop, and the only way out of this is hard-restarting my computer by holding down the tower button for 5 secs.

Now for my CPU specs:
Windows XP
Nvidia 8800 GeForce GT (257.21 driver)
Dell ST 2210 Widescreen monitor
3 GB RAM
45GB free space (granted, I should free up some)
Pentium Dual Core 2.80 GHz

Anyways, if I left anything out, please let me know. I've tried disabling anti-aliasing, and physx, etc.

Please help me guys, i'm going insane. Thanks in advance!
~NekoStar

Advertisements