Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

7 home premium 64bit & autoroute 2007 conflict?

• Please log in to reply

icer

icer

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hi
As title describes I am having an issue installing autoroute 2007 europe on a laptop running 7 home premium 64 bit. I have tried this on two identical laptops same result. I already have used this disk on my desktop running windows xp sp3.

seems to install ok but when you ask it to start you get startup page ie picture product id no. etc then nothing. double left click gives box that says it is not responding options 1 close program 2 wait
when close program is picked it checks for solution then closes down with no further response.
nothing happends when you click wait for response it just greys out and you can watch the spinning blue circle for ammusement.

When you right click on programs and file and pick troubleshoot compatability + select try recommended settings it picks xp sp2.
when you select "start the program" and allow to make changes you get this message "your registry settings for this application were not copied correctly. To correct these settings, run setup again from the location where you originally installed."
I am not terribly good with computers so I tread carefully.
So I uninstalled & reinstalled. No difference.
I tryed to research to see if there was an compatability issue microsoft says No
There is a little bit of chatter and someone suggested thar a "clean boot" could tell if it would run in "safe mode"
So a selective startup seemed a possible solution.
at selective startup page i was shown 3 boxes 2 were greyed out the third was unticked
The 2 greyed out boxes were 1)load system services 2)original boot... cant remember the 3 letters after boot
then I tryed to run autoroute... Nothing

I am hoping that you can assist me.
In typing this it occurs to me that the message "run setup again from the location where you originally installed" may be important but that means nothing to me!

Ian

Advertisements

icer

icer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
no one has any idea?

have uninstalled autoroute 2007

installed my old 2005 and it works on windows 7

why won't 2007 work?