Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Video goes blank while playing PC games

• Please log in to reply

Fai

Fai

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi!
I just wanted to know if anyone had a solution for my little problem which I didn't have before XD.
I've had windows XP installed before but when I reformatted my computer and reinstalled XP a certain annoying problem occured which prevents me from watching movie in the background when playing a game (Dual monitors).
The video just goes blank while you can still hear the sound and it occurs during games like Warcraft 3 and such things.
I just joined this forum and am quite new to this, but I've already looked around for quite a long time around the net for this problem and there's been other cases like this but never found a solution (already searched on this forum :) )

Edited by Fai, 19 June 2010 - 11:21 AM.

Advertisements

Tam2u

Tam2u

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
Just wondering if your drivers are all up to date and what video drivers you are using if it is dual monitors

Fai

Fai

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
It's a pretty old model ASUS EAH3550 and the drivers are up to date (using driver genius to update regularly) and the problem occured even with a single monitor. Videoplayers like VLC,windows media player crashed in the background after trying to switch to another video while the focus was in the game.
I didn't have this problem before reformatting... :)

Edited by Fai, 19 June 2010 - 11:50 AM.

Fai

Fai

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
*bump and it was EAH4550

mclean

mclean

• Pip
  • 9 posts
You may be overloading the memory and/or video card from what you are doing.......playing a video game AND running a movie puts a heavy load on a computer and your old one probably can't handle it. You could try adding more memory and getting a newer video card with more memory if you really must run the two processes simultaneously.