Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

TFC Temp FIle Cleaner

• Please log in to reply

myzstikal

myzstikal

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
I posted a topic in the wrong category and got a reply directing me to the proper place to post, along with that I was given a list of task that I should do before posting a new topic or thread.
The first was to download and run TFC Tempt file cleaner which I did.
In the middle of running the program it stopped and said...
An error caused the program to stop working.
It left my screen blank so I waited for it to repopulate and it did not so I rebooted because I had no Icons or tool bar on the start up screen,
However it did create three documents two of them I could open and the third I didnt want to chance opening.
Here are the files it created below..

[.ShellClassInfo]
LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21769
IconResource=%SystemRoot%\system32\imageres.dll,-183
[LocalizedFileNames]
Internet Explorer.lnk=@%windir%\System32\ie4uinit.exe,-731
Notepad.lnk=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-22051

[.ShellClassInfo]
LocalizedResourceName=@%SystemRoot%\system32\shell32.dll,-21799

(ehthumbs_vista.db)<<This one said... You are attempting to open a file of type Data Base File(db)

These files are used by the operating system and by various programs>Editing or modifing them could damage your system.
If you still want to open the file, click click open with. Otherwise click cancel .....

Advertisements