Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

BIOS Frozen

• Please log in to reply

iammikerodriguez

iammikerodriguez

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Alright this one is a bit of a brain teaser. I have a HP Pavillion a1319h PC (Specs: Pentium4 @ 2.93 GHz - 1GB Ram - ATI Radeon Xpress 200 chipset)

This computer was brought to me and as i took a book inside, i couldnt see anything but dust. So i removed removed and game the case a nice cleaning. once i connect everything back, i'm stuck on the "HP Invent" Spalsh blue startup screen and nothing would move, so i changed the jumper to reset my cmos and took out the battery for a few minutes and when i put everything back i got another scren on startup that wasn't they blue "HP Invent" Spalsh screen, instead i got the screen below

Posted Image

Ive been on it for several minutes and it doesnt move or anything. I made sure everything is connected. i even replace the SATA hdd just to make sure it wasn't that. what can it be?

Also, when i first start of the computer, i hear the hard drive spin like normal, i hear one click and then it continues to spin. it's not a constant clicking noise, because im sure that could signal your hard drive is dead, but its just one little small click and the hard drive continues to spin regulary. the hard drive was perfect before and had windows xp media center edition installed on it i believe. i just cant lose any of the data on there!

Thanks in advance
Mike

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
Unplug everything Hard Drives, CD/DVD-rom any add on cards and leave only one ram module in place, reboot your computer. If you can boot and go in and out of your BIOS without a problem then shut it down.

Put one piece of hardware back at a time until you get to the part that your pc freezes at Auto detecting, this way you will know which of the hard drives, cd/dvd-rom or other hardware is causing the freeze ( I suspect your hard drive).

Let us know your report.