Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

LAN card Disconnects and Reconnects automatically

• Please log in to reply

cndesu

cndesu

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I posted my question with answers microsoft forums...

http://social.answer...s...d=4&lc=1033

http://social.answer...1d613c/?lc=1033

I made two networks with two network cards on two computers. One is wireless and the other is wired LAN card on both the computers connected to two different routers. Wireless network cards are connected to the wireless router which is connected to DSL modem and so internet. The other is wired network connected to other router to which Asus gizmo is connected.

This set up I made just to watch movies from computers on TV without disturbing other network which is connected to Internet.

First Network router has the ip address 192.168.3.254 and IPs of computers are 192.168.3.4 and 192.168.3.6. And both these addresses are static, wrote on wireless adapter cards and I wrote default gateway address as IP address of the router.

Second Network router has the IP address 192.168.15.1 and IPS of computers are 192.168.15.2 and 192.168.15.4. Both these addresses are static, wrote on wired LAN card and I did not write the default gateway addresses in the network card TCP/IP properties menu as this is confusing the computer when accessing internet and even says internet web page not found. The gizmo address is 192.168.15.3 and this is also static and I wrote the default gateway address in this.

Both the routers DHCP is disabled. As I would not connect any further computers to it.

On both the computers LogmeIn client is running.

Now the problem I encountered is the wired connection on both the computers gets disconnected and reconnects as said "Cable unplugged". This is happening rendomly disconnecting for just a second and reconnecting back automatically. So when watching movie on TV through Asus gizmo suddenly the screen freezes and unfreezes and the movie runs. On the computer I notice the connectiion on the systray says"Cable unplugged" and again vanishes and here the movie goes on.

This is happening only to wired LAN card and not on wireless cards and happening on both the computers even I am not doing anything on the computers and just watching movies. This problem started just now after making two networks. Before that one would be disabled if I use the other one.

Is there any memory or driver issue. On both the computers it is happening like this. One is running Media Center Edition 2002 with SP3 and the other one running XP Professional with SP3.

I even disabled the powersaver option on both the cards. But still the same. This

Please help.

Advertisements