Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 channel 3.5mm stereo USB

• Please log in to reply

DaveBG

DaveBG

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I'm looking for a 2 channel 3.5mm stereo usb, I want to plug this device into my usb port on my laptop. I would plug one set of headphones into one channel (3.5mm stereo female) to listen to one thing and plug a separate pair of headphones into the other channel (3.5mm stereo female) to listen to another thing. (Using the appropriate software that is able to output 2 seperate stereo sounds into this device).

I can't find this piece of hardware anywhere and am not sure if its even available.

I hope you can understand what I mean, I can draw a picture and post it if need be.

Thanks!

Advertisements

deggitt

deggitt

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
hi, check this link. It might do it for you.

http://www.canford.co.uk/Browse/22827

or something similar.

DaveBG

DaveBG

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
deggitt-

Thats not what I'm looking for, but something like that. It needs two 3.5mm jacks in it, it needs to be USB. I have a MacBook and cannot use PCM cards. But yes, the the two or four analog channels is what I'm looking for.

thanks deggitt!

Edited by DaveBG, 19 June 2010 - 06:44 PM.

deggitt

deggitt

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
google ---usb sound card--- see what turns up.

DaveBG

DaveBG

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I have searched Google for USB sound card. I found one that has two 3.5mm female jacks but I think that in both, the signal come from the same source inside the component. That's just like plugging in a '3.5mm male to two 3.5mm females' y cable into my headphone jack on the computer.

Any signal sent through the device i found on google is going to be the same in both headphones no matter what kind of software is running.

I want each pair of headphones to play a different song. Heres a picture ---> http://davesprojecto.../2x3.5mmUSB.jpg

Edited by DaveBG, 19 June 2010 - 07:34 PM.

deggitt

deggitt

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
hi, yes i understand what you want, i will check with a friend who is a sound engineer & see what we can come up with. I won't see him until beggining of the week but i will get back to you asap.

DaveBG

DaveBG

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I appreciate the help deggitt. I need a 2 channel and a 4 channel if he or anyone else can come up with anything.

There's got to be something in Hong Kong or Tokyo if not the UK or the US. Those guys have all kinds of gadgets that do everything.

I'll keep looking too and let you know what I find.

Thanks!

deggitt

deggitt

• PipPipPip
  • 272 posts
hi, at the moment all i can think is that you need 2x sound cards ( or a dual card ie. 2 seperate inputs/outputs ) & config. 2 media players to send the outputs to each card....interesting....i will check it out.