Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Metrowerks CodeWarrior IDE.exe failing to launch

• Please log in to reply

Griffinz

Griffinz

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hi all,

I've recently downloaded a CodeWarrior for Microcontrollers V.6.2 from Freescale.com (Free Special Edition Versions). But after installing it, the IDE.exe application fails to launch. When I double click IDE.exe, the gray interface of the application shows up and starts to load (it also appears on the taskbar), but a few seconds later, it vanishes with no error message. A flash and it's gone.

I've already done quite a bit of research on this problem, some people say that there is a compatibility issue with Microsoft Office 2007. I've checked that by uninstalling my entire Microsoft Office 2007, but to no avail. So I don't think the compatibility is an issue. Other people suggested unchecking 'run this program in compatibility mode for' under properties for IDE.exe. But this option was never checked for me in the first place.

I have also contacted direct Freescale support, they have suggested running regservers.bat before IDE.exe. But that does not work either. So they suggested for me to do a clean removal of CodeWarrior, and a clean install. But I've done that to no avail as well. There does not appear to be any issues with the installation, and my computer is quite clean. I've also tested with different versions of CodeWarrior (i.e. 8.3, 5.0 ...) but all of them have the same issue.

So I thought, the problem must be with my computer. Something is forcing IDE.exe to shut down before it can launch. What might that be?

I am running Windows Vista 32bit. And I've received very satisfactory assistance from geeks2go before so I thought you guys might be able to help me out.

Help is greatly appreciated,
Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

Griffinz

Griffinz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Does anyone have any idea of what the problem might be? :)