Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Deleting Operating System (no Other Install)

• Please log in to reply

silverslik1

silverslik1

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
my computer ports are all in the back it goes in this order

mouse/keyboard -one on top of the other

printer/moniter -one on top of the other

2 small ports right next to each other, no idea what the use is for

2 usb ports side by side

then going down is the 3 sound ports

then the dsl/cable port

Advertisements

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
I'm sorry to say but with this MB I don't know of any case that it will fit in. If your really looking to upgrade what I would say is look into building you own pc then buying one this why you can set it up like you want and then when it comes to upgrading it you can do it with no problems. If you want some input on doing this we can recommend some opitions if you use the monitor and harddrive you have you can do this for about $300.00 for a base system then you can upgrade it as you like to get it doing just what you like. this is what I call a base system.

Biostar M7VIG-D MB & processor combo athlon 1900+ $125.00 (sound and video are on this MB but you can always disable them later to upgrade to better insertcards.(Lan card on MB too.)
Powmax Case 8870-sel $35.99
ddr ram p2100 256mb $43.00
MSI CR 52 cdrw $36.00
Mouse & keyboard combo $17.00
Accent X20 speakers $9.99
floppy drive $15.00
lucent v92 56k modem $14.99
total price $296.97
<_<

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
silverslik1
you may have a other mother board then the guest does but to know for sure we need to find out what model hp you have.
<_<

Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
im sry i am silverslik1, i didnt sign in and thats y it said i waz a guest

Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
wher can i find that motherboard ur talking about?

silverslik1

silverslik1

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
i have been recently asked to build my uncles computer and i want it to be surprizingly nice and smooth running, a good quality computer, but not too expensive, under 250 if possible could u do the following

on www.newegg.com

find a motherboard, ram, look at the harddrive i have chosen, the, "Hitachi 80GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive, Model HDS722580VLAT20, OEM Drive Only, and find a modem card i can use for my dsl/cable connection, (the reason i am asking you is because i do not want to select the items and find out they do not intergrate with each other

i already have the keyboard, speakers, mouse, and will choose the atx case,

i would really appritiate this, and would only need this for one time, just to c what parts can go with the others,

p.s. please try to find the best products in the budget of 250, you can go out of it though, but only if u can do this, i really appritiate all the help this site has given me and it is now all over my community

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Where's your community? <_<

I think Tazz's recommendations above already fit your budget and are all compatible. :D

What does you uncle plan to use the computer for (Email, Office, Gaming, Server, etc.)?

edit: does the $250 include the components you've already chosen?

Edited by admin, 06 February 2004 - 06:15 PM.

Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
its for a home usage and the 250 buget should include, the harddrive, ram, and motherboard,

Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
also what site could i find tazz's motherboard and ram on, also would any harddrive fit with that and any atx case too

tazz1964

tazz1964

• PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
Hi
I do not use egghead I think the prices are a little high this is the sites I use.
3btech.com
tigerdirect.com?
the harddrive you picked is good.
<_<

Advertisements