Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

touble loading windows xp

• Please log in to reply

DMGuildmaster

DMGuildmaster

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I updated my computer to a AMD64 3200 with a ECS 755-A2 motherboard and DDR PC3200 memory. I decided to start scratch with a newly loaded windows due to the new two Maxtor 60gig SATA drives I got to put with the system. I started the installation of windows and I kept getting errors and then progressed to the blue screen. saying something about the installer being corrupt. So I tried loading the windows on another system and it loaded just fine. Then I kept trying to load the windows on the new system and I still get the errors of certain files being unable to be copied, and I would just click retry and sometimes it would go on and most of the time it would go to the blue screen with the error of the installer being corrupt. I have tried memory out of a system that the memory was known to be good in with the same result. I have unplugged all accessories except what was needed with the same result. I even reset the bios. I am at the end of my knowledge with this problem. Please help. Thank you. :tazz:

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
You need to check the bios and make sure SATA is enabled. You also need to extract the SATA driver onto a floppy disk to load during setup. The mobo manual should tell you how to do this. During windows setup, you will be propmted to load 3rd party drivers by pressing F6. This is the point where you insert the floppy and load the SATA driver.