Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I'm ready to cry all night!

• Please log in to reply

Alias775

Alias775

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Today, I went to my wholesale company since I'm almost ready to open my webiste and I worked 9-10 solid hours hand selecting topical pain medications, supplements and true prescription meds (I'm an RN).

As I went through each item I chose, I copied and pasted all details, the ordering code number, descriptions, criteria and took screen shots of every single one.

I kept this on a simple WordPad document. I saved repeatedsly for fear of losing my work.

Howeve, I won't got into a long story, but I opened a second administrative user on my computer which is really me a second time. I worked all day on that part of my computer. The document was to be saved on my other NORMAl side of the computer.

I don't know the exact terminology for this. But I have a ficticious Mary and then I have the regular Pennie - me. The document was to be saved in Pennies Documents.

When I went to look at the categories, the WordPad is totally blank!

I'm just so upset! Is there any way possible to retrieve my work?

Pennie77

Advertisements

AstraNut

AstraNut

• PipPipPip
  • 465 posts
When you are logged as a different User, program documents do not get saved to the same folders as another User's account unless you have them set up to be used by all users.

You can do a search for your WordPad documents after logging in as a User.If none found, log out and log into other account.

Don't use WordPad and the new User's WordPad may have a default save folder. That can be check looking through the preferences/options. Also, check to see if it has an aut-save setting and set the time before saving.