Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Win 7, Frequent power-offs no hardware/software added when it began

• Please log in to reply

KaiWalk

KaiWalk

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi all,

I'm new here and not especially technical. Please bear with me if my descriptions are less than perfect.

New (refurbished) Acer Aspire 7736Z. First week I deleted loads of crapware and added a few dozen new programs, files etc. with no problems. I got the computer to where I wanted it, as far as browser, media player, office files being correct and it worked flawlessly for a week. Then it started shutting down for without warning. No blue screen, no hard hang, just black screen and a restart going to the "windows did not shut down correctly, please choose boot method, safe-mode....." screen.

It seems to happen less frequently if its operating on battery power, but it will still happen.

I googled the problem but it seems that W7's random shutdown issue is common and has many, many causes and after checking 8-10 pages of results, I couldn't find any solved problems for release build new W7 computers.

Pls advise,

Thx

Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 6/20/2010 8:37:54 AM
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (2)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Kai-PC
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.micro.../events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>2</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2010-06-20T13:37:54.660412500Z" />
<EventRecordID>11626</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Kai-PC</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>Critical 6/20/2010 8:37:54 AM Kernel-Power 41 (63)

Advertisements