Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Webcam is not Broadcasting.

• Please log in to reply

elitemeat

elitemeat

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Well, my webcam was working fine just last night, but now it will not broadcast.

I can see myself, but others cannot see me. I am using tinychat.

When I open another window of that chat room, I cannot see myself broadcasting.

Also, when I try to broadcast with cam off, and sound only, it still doesn't broadcast anything.

edit: I just did some reading and it may end up being a network problem, please still help me if u can or move topic if necessary.

More details:
I have a builtin Webcam, Motorolla SB900 modem, Comcast is my ISP.

I found out the problem only arose after my roommate tried to reset our IP by leaving the modem off overnight. I've read some stuff that say it may be a port forwarding problem or something else, I don't quite know what exactly is causing it, because my camera is working just fine. It just won't broadcast.

Edited by elitemeat, 21 June 2010 - 07:59 PM.

Advertisements

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Have you tried using System Restore to restore your computer back to a point before the problem began?

elitemeat

elitemeat

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Have you tried using System Restore to restore your computer back to a point before the problem began?

No, not yet, I believe it may actually a network problem after reading some stuff. I will update my original post with more info about this situation.