Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok, i have been troubleshooting this problem for quite some time now. It seems like my Turtlebeach SRM USB Audio Advantage card and Ak-r8 Headphones have been causing BSOD's on my computer. So far, i have managed to come to this conclusion due to my headphones unwillingness to co-operate with any program that accepts audio input, (i.e. Ventrilo). The main problem has always been a BSOD stating that the "IRQL Not Less or Equal". At first, i managed to fix this problem by changing the usb host controller, and allowing my headphones a port with more bandwidth (the ak-r8's are notorious resource hogs). This seemed to fix the initial problem, but then lead to another problem, my usb host controller warning me that my "usb bandwidth exceeded" and my microphone stopped working. At startup, my microphone would work fine, as long as no other programs requested its resources. This wasn't good enough for me. I bought these headphones for their advanced quality of sound, and the ability to communicate via voice with people across the globe. Therefore, i swapped my headphones back to the original usb host controller (on the front of my tower) and the IRQL error is back and in high supply. Something unique about the SRM sound card is that every time you use a different USB port, you are required to re-install the device drivers. In my swapping of USB Host Controllers i have managed to install, uninstall, and reinstall a multitude of times. Each time in hope of a "fresh" install fixing the stated problem. At this point i am out of steam, and confused as to where to head next. Thus, my signing up for this forum and the like. I also noticed another thread concerning what seemed to me to be the same problem. The title of that thread had something to do with problems playing COD:WAW (call of duty: world at war). Hence i degress.

--Gist of the Problem
1. Turtle Beach Ak-R8 Headphones causing BSOD upon Audio Input (from microphone)
2. Fixed by switching USB Host Controller
3. Swap of USB Host Controller caused USB Bandwidth to be Exceeded
4. Swapped back to original USB Host.
5. BSOD Stating IRQL Not Less or Equal
6. Headphones Must be the Problem as they are the only driver's i have installed within the last 6 months.

--My Preferences
1. Would like to keep the headphones
2. I don't want to buy anything extra
3. Solve the Hardware/Software problem with these headphones
4. Find a fix for all AK-R8 Users.

Any and all help is appreciated, but i would prefer if "empty" posts containing a lack of information are not submitted to this thread.
I have run out of ideas and am struggling with this problem.
I can supply information, and files as needed.

Thanks for all help in advance!

Attached Files