Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AMD Phenom II X4 build

• Please log in to reply

chickmazta

chickmazta

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Hi guys! Need some suggestions about this build. I know its not the best but its a challenge for me. Having a low budget pc to give a good performance.

Here are the specs:

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 945
Motherboard: MSI 890GXM-G65
Memory: Kingston 4GB 2x2GB DDR3 1333
HDD: Seagate 500GB SATA
Graphics: Radeon HD5670 1GB DDR5
Case: Thermaltake V3/V4
PSU: Thermaltake LitePower 600w
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Contac 29

I clearly understand that a higher budget the better the specs we will have but what if we only have limited resources. Hope you'll give some comments or suggestions for me. Tnx and more power GTG!

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi mate, sorry for the delay. Everything's looking pretty fine, if you wanted to save a bit more $$$ you could keep the AMD CPU cooler and drop the Thermaltake aftermarket one.

That sure looks like a pretty well-featured mATX motherboard.

chickmazta

chickmazta

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
Thanks for the advice sir! It came across to me too as I don't overclock. This computer might be in use for atleast 4 years or so. Thanks again and more power GTG!!!