Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Scaling Frames within Frames

• Please log in to reply

Horace10

Horace10

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I'm writing an application that uses a game board, and I want it to scale to the same size on monitors regardless of the screen resolution.

I've tried to set the board up as a set of tiered frames (frames within frames) which will then contain text and graphics, and while I can set the main form (screen-size) scale, and the first tier frame with ScaleWidth, ScaleHeight etc, once I try to fit the second tier frame within the first, the scaling does not seem to work.

For instance, if I want the screen to be 1500x1200, main frame centred 800x800, then set another frame internal to the first, I would assume I can set Top and Left coordinates for the internal frame within the bounds of 0-800, 0-800. But the main frame's Width and Height properties seem to revert to main screen native scale, and there isn't a ScaleWidth and ScaleHeight property for a frame. Even Parent.ScaleWidth and Parent.ScaleHeight doesn't work.

Anyone got any ideas?

Advertisements