Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ethernet controller driver help

• Please log in to reply

tossjones

tossjones

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have a old dell optiplex 320 computer and someow the ethernet controllers drivers are missing! I have been on the dell website and downloaded the broadcom 440x 10/100Itergrated controller and i thought that would work, But when i restarted my pc the message vcame up saying that i didnt have any drivers for my ethernet controller. So now Im stuck! has anyone got any suggestions?

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,331 posts
Dell should know what is the driver you need so I am guessing you downloaded the right one.

To make sure it is the right Ethernet as the one specified on Dells website you can download the program UNKNOWNDEVICE 7.0 and it will tell you exactly what is your Ethernet model. If still the same then we will see why it will not install your drivers.

http://www.zhangduo.com/udi.html

Uninstall complety your Ethernet Controller from the Device Manager and reboot, when windows says found new hardware either cancel if your driver came with a self executable (.exe) launcher. If not then contine with the XP new hardware wizard and specify to it where you driver is located on your hard drive.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
The Dell should also have a service tag on it that will help find the correct driver.
Go to Dell and enter the tag.