Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Cleaned out viruses now moving really slow locking up and pages turnin

• Please log in to reply

jojo831

jojo831

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
:) This maybe a stupid question but is the HD and the maker of the computer the same??? :)

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Not normally.
Your best bet to make sure it works would be to get the Sea Tools cd Iso as we have found it to be the most compatible across the majority of the HD's. The only exception would be as stated in the instructions if the drive is a Toshiba then sadly even the Sea Tools won't work.

jojo831

jojo831

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
:) Well I guess I have to take the tower apart to find out who made the HD Checked the system and everything there tells me unknown . :) TY for ur time :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Well let me see if I can save some time here.
Download and install Free Everest Home Edition
Open it.
1: In left pane expand Computer folder.
2: Click once on Summary
3: In upper menu, go Report
4: And then to Quick Report-Summary
5: Save it in text file, and paste it in your next post.
Click the + by computer, click on Sensor. Get a screenshot and post it so I can check your temps and voltages...

DO NOT INCLUDE ANYTHING UNDER THE LINE THAT SAYS "DEBUG- PCI"

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Device manager should also tell us.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
  • Please click Start and click Run
  • Please click Start and select the white text box.
  • Type: devmgmt.msc and hit Enter
  • Look for the entry that says Hard Drives or Hard Disks and click on the + sign to the left of it.
    This will expand it and should show you a model number of the hd.

Edited by rshaffer61, 29 June 2010 - 05:43 PM.

jojo831

jojo831

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
:) Nothing there had the word hard...But it said disk drives and this is what was there.
WDC WD400BB-FJA1

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Western Digital drive
WDA400BB

jojo831

jojo831

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
:) You must think that I am totally stupid or something :) But there are about 7 different things listed under western and I have no ideal which one of them I need... :) :) :) :)

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
The drive is a western diagnostics 40gb PATA (IDE) drive

Download the diagnostics from the link provided.
Diagnostics

Use Diag504fCD.iso

If you don't have a burning program that will burn .ISO files get burncdcc from my signature below ..a small FAST no frills iso burning program...

NOTE...do not put a blank cd in until burncdcc opens the tray for you
1. Start BurnCDCC
2. Browse to the ISO file you want to burn on cd/dvd ....
3. Select the ISO file
4. click on Start

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sorry about not clarifying that for you. By the time you answered I had been online for 12 hours and was just tired out.
Thanks again to 123Runner for his assistance and as always I'm glad to have you along on this topic. :) :)

jojo831

jojo831

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
Sorry I have not been in touch but had to clean out another virus. so the question is do I continue with this or start over again with another topic in the virus remover?? :) :) :) :) :) Thank you for ur time..

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
If you are continuing to have a infection problem it would seem you are not cleaned completely.
I suggest you go to the Malware Removal and Spyware Removal Forum and run all the steps located in the
START HERE. These self-help tools will help you clean up 70% of problems on your own.
If you are still having problems after doing the steps, then please post the reguested logs in THAT forum.
If you are unable to run any of the tools then start a new topic in the malware forum and put this in the subject line...I am unable to run any malware tools

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to THIS thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).

Add a link to this topic so that malware tech can see what steps have been taken here

jojo831

jojo831

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
:) That was the first thing I did. I will go post my logs with them and get back to u. :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I only mentioned it because you said....

Sorry I have not been in touch but had to clean out another virus

and that was only 2 hours ago which would say there is still a problem hiding. Pm the Malware tech that was originally helping you and ask them to reopen your original malware topic and continue there. I just want to make sure you are clean before we go any more on this topic. We may be going in circles if the nfection is still present.