Cleaned out viruses now moving really slow locking up and pages turnin
Posted 10 July 2010 - 01:24 PM
Posted 10 July 2010 - 04:22 PM
Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
- Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
- It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
- Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
- Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.
Download Auslogics Defrag from the link in my signature below. Auslogics Defrag in my opinion is better because:
It does a more comprehensive job at Defragging
It will actually show you what it is doing
At the end of working it will show you how much speed you picked up
You can view a online log of the files that Auslogics defragged
Posted 11 July 2010 - 07:46 AM
Posted 11 July 2010 - 01:31 PM
Edited by jojo831, 11 July 2010 - 01:32 PM.
Posted 11 July 2010 - 03:00 PM
Scroll down to Mozilla
Then find the Firefox exe file.
Right click on it and then click on Send To Desktop
This should put the icon back on the desktop for you.
If you want to try the IE8 with no add ons then do the following and see if it works.
To disable add-ons in Internet Explorer 8
1. Open Internet Explorer by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, and then clicking Internet Explorer.
2. Click the Tools button, and then click Manage Add-ons.
3. Under Show, click All add-ons.
4. Click the add-on you want to disable, and then click Disable.
5. Repeat step 4 for every add-on to disable. When you are finished, click Close.
Now restart IE and retry IE as before. Let us know if it still happens or not. If not then try enabling one add on at a time and trying IE again till you find the problem.
Most times the cause will be a toolbar add on.
Posted 14 July 2010 - 10:43 AM
And in Mozilla it is telling me the same with out changing anything there.
TY for ur help
Posted 14 July 2010 - 11:35 AM
Your Adobe may be corrupted so we need to get rid of it and install a fresh version.
Go HERE and get the Adobe Removal Tool
Run it to make sure all remnants of Adobe are uninstalled.
Then go to Adobe Flash Download Page and on the right of the white window you will see where it says Get The Latest Version with a link above it. Download and install that and try your website again. Does it now work?
Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:28 PM
Got the Adobe uninstalled and reinstalled things are working better with that.
But Mozilla is still telling me I need to updated the my version of Flash.
TY for ur help..
Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:46 PM
How is IE working now that you have updated flash?
Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:07 PM
Mozilla tells me that when I try to open my apps in face book
Posted 14 July 2010 - 05:55 PM
Mozilla started having problems when one of the viruses took out the proxy from both mozilla and IE.
Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:10 PM
Something has gotten corrupted with the program itself and I'm afraid the only way to fix it is to do a fresh install with it.
If you don't now how to backup your bookmarks let me know and I'll post the instructions for it.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users