Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

High Definition Audio Drivers

• Please log in to reply

Fourx

Fourx

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi

Having reinstalled xp to pc I have hit a problem with audio driver. Cannot bring audio to life and get exclamation mark in system next to Multi Media Controller.

It's a Realtek AC97 onboard sound card.

Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

computerxpds

computerxpds

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 44 posts
what are your system specs so i can find the driver you need. :)

Fourx

Fourx

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi

The motherboard is a Foxconn 45GMX with a 775 processor. I think I have already downloaded and installed the updated driver.

Would you be able to let me know how to uninstall the sound drivers completely and then I can re-install the updated driver again.

Thanks for your help

computerxpds

computerxpds

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 44 posts
yeah just go to control panel and then administrator tools then go computer mangement then click on devicce manager on the left pane of the window then find your sound device and right click and select uninstall. Then restart and then install the drivers. :)