Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ATI Video Driver Update Help?

• Please log in to reply

Halite

Halite

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Operating System: Windows XP 32-bit

Driver
Name: RADEON X800 SE
Manufacturer: ATI Tech Inc.
Chip: RADEON X800 SE (0x5544B)
Version: 6.14.0010.6444
Date: 5/25/2004

I just installed the relatively recent game Left 4 Dead onto my PC. However, it seems that my video driver is out of date and the game WILL NOT work on my computer. I tried to update my video driver through the ATI website, but when the installation is almost complete I get a message saying that the driver has not been tested for Windows and it is highly recommended not to use it. What can I do to update my driver without messing up my computer... or is it okay to just download it anyway?

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Yes, just choose the option to "install anyway". Nothing to worry about, there are hundreds of drivers that Microsoft did not get around to testing but it does not mean the driver will harm your system. If it does cause you any problems you can easily "roll back" to the previous driver for that device in Device Manager.

Edited by phillipcorcoran, 22 June 2010 - 01:40 PM.