Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

code 19

• Please log in to reply

cohen 05

cohen 05

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. To fix this problem you should uninstall and then reinstall the hardware device. (Code 19)
i tried reloaded the drivers that are on disk and downloaded some new drivers ...didnt work... read some post .. refered to a vista problem and im on xp

Edited by cohen 05, 22 June 2010 - 06:48 PM.

Advertisements

3quilibrium

3quilibrium

• PipPipPip
  • 137 posts
cohen 05,

When you installed the drivers did you make sure to UNINSTALL the drivers and then reboot? Don't mistake this for simply trying to install drivers over the drivers that already exist. Basically you want to uninstall the drivers from device manager so that the device no longer exists,reboot, and then install the appropriate drivers, and then reboot again. At that point you would check device manager to verify if the drivers installed properly, if not, it could possibly be a problem with your audio hardware. Is the audio integrated or do you have a dedicated card for this device?

cohen 05

cohen 05

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
i deleted the driver... i did it for my lexmark 75 printer and would not do anything..i have the code 19 for:
realtek ac 97 audio
audio codecs
legacy audio drivers
media control devices
leagacy video capture devices
video codecs
lexmark x74-x75

i was using my lap top with a usb storage device to transfer info to this computer to get rid of malware ..(this computer would not get on line) somthing i transfered had some vista stuff on it and tried to download on this computer ..would that have anything to do with it

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Will it NOW go online

cohen 05

cohen 05

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
yes .. that was a few months ago ..i had essesexboy fix a malware problem... this computer is fine now except for the code 19

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Is this a branded computer if so make and model please.
If not please supply the make and model of motherboard, presuming that the sound card is integrated on the board. ie: the speaker connection is on the built in I/O ports and not separately on the horizontal plane.

More than likely this is the driver download, but I would like to check further before you try. - pls supply as above
http://www.brotherso...load-65159.html

Edited by Macboatmaster, 25 June 2010 - 02:16 PM.