Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook 2003 shuts down during send/receive

• Please log in to reply

mizdot

mizdot

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have recently had problems with my Outlook 2003. Our network was having issues and in desperate measures I read somewhere to delete my SSL cache on Internet Explorer. Not being savy, I did so and now my Outlook 2003 shuts down when I send/receive. It has no problem sending, however it is redownloading everything from my Gmail account every time I open the program and it shuts down halfway through. I have tried, repairing it, reinstalling, uninsalling and then reinstalling, a disk defrag and virus scan and I have reinstalled Internet explorer.

Please. I am so frustrated. I need help to resolve this problem!

Advertisements

Mark D

Mark D

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
Howszit mizdot? and welcome to GtoG,

Have you tried to enter your Gmail account from the internet to see what might be causing the problem? Sometimes it is something in the waiting inbox that will cause the problem. At the very least you can delete all the already received messages, (or put them in the archive folder). Try this and see if it clears things up.

Hope this helps.

Mark D

Mark D

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
You have set up Gmail to support POP and configured the mail server settings correctly? Are you both having problems even on the internet interface?