Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Program timebombs

• Please log in to reply

todhurd

todhurd

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I sometimes install a program that I have downloaded. Often times these free trials have a time limit applied to them. They stop working after thirty days or whatever.
After you uninstall, and try to remove all traces of the program the time bomb will still prevent you from using the program after the free trial has ended.
Where in the world do these programs store these time bombs? It's not like I want free software or anything. I don't mind paying for what I use. It's just that I don't like the idea of a program lurking somewhere on my system and with out any way to take it out.
Do any of you geeks know where I can find all those lurking time bombs?
thanks,
Todd Hurd

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
We couldn't tell you if we knew <_< That would likley voilate the DMCA and certainly be against the TOS of this site.

todhurd

todhurd

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Heh I see. I was not aware that it was illegal to remove those things or to tell others how to do it. Well the time bombs do no damage at least..
thanks anyhow you all can be a big help.
Todd Hurd