Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nero Express 10

• Please log in to reply

Demonseed

Demonseed

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hi I had Nero Express 10 on my Win 7 system. Since uninstalling Nero every time I right click on my mouse windows installer comes up looking for Nero Express 10 installation disc. Can anyone help me completely remove this from my system. I have run an uninstaller program but with no luck. Thanks Noel :)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
http://www.nero.com/...-utilities.html

Click on "Nero General Cleantool" and download and run the tool.

Demonseed

Demonseed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Thanks Neil I have tried the cleaning tool but it says no nero products detected or nothing selected for clean.

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello

I know this suggestion may seem a bit odd but try this. Use your disk to re-install your nero product then run the general clean tool. If it still comes up that no Nero installation found then re-run the general clean tool and browse for your Nero product. An example of a location will be C:\Program Files\Nero or it may come under c:\Program Files\Ahead

The reason behind this suggestion is the application may have gone corrupt, now i'm not saying it has but it may have. After you have re-installed your product run the general clean tool.

Another alternative which you can try after re-installing it is to use revo uninstaller which can be found in Geeks To Go download section which is here

Please let us know how you get along.

Thanks
wizzy

Edited by wizzy2k5, 24 June 2010 - 04:01 PM.

Demonseed

Demonseed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Thanks for your suggestion Wizzy but it wont let me reinstall. I used a downloaded version of Nero. I think the problem may be with windows installer. I have tried to download and install a trial version but when the system reboots and starts full :wacko:installation the windows installer comes up asking for installation cd. Thanks :)

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hiya we can soon rule out the installer service :)
  • Click start and goto run
  • In the run box type in services.msc and hit enter
  • Scroll down to the installer service which is located at the bottom
  • Open that and set that to disabled and apply it and ok
If this does not fix the problem you will need to re-enable the installer service

If your problem is still presant you may wish to do an advanced uninstall by deleting files. These should be located in the following places.
  • Desktop shortcuts
  • Program Files entries
  • Registry entries
I know you can safely delete the Program Files entry and your desktop shortcuts. For full information on how to perform the manual removal you will need to contact their support and it will involve removing registry entries.

I can advise on safe removal.
  • Download, install and run Revo Uninstaller
  • Search for your product and select the last option which is advanced
  • It may ask you to insert the disk, ignore this and continue with the removal
  • You will be asked to remove files and folders first and then move onto the registry entries
PLEASE NOTE

The files and registry entries which are displayed to be removed are safe as they are clearly marked in bold and will ONLY remove the files specified.

Before commencing this procedure I would reccomend going ahead with the support off Ahead/Nero for manual removal. I my-self would be able to guide you however it only takes one wrong entry and that can cause problems. For example I had someone who was poking around in the registry and caused that much damage his computer was hardly responding, he couldn't use alot of software and also stopped his keyboard and mouse working :) Just thought I would pass this information on.

If you require anymore assistance please feel free to reply and let us know how you get along with the program removal procedure.

Regards

Edited by wizzy2k5, 26 June 2010 - 11:50 AM.

Demonseed

Demonseed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Hi again
Thanks for all the help. I tried everything suggested except removing resistry files which I am not 100% comfortable with as you said one wrong entry can cause serious problems. The good news is I have finally fixed the problem. When windows installer asks for an installation disc it gives you the option to browse for the file it is looking for. I found the files in a temp folder and had to install them one by one with windows installer about 50 files. Once I had then all installed the problem fixed itself. Again thanks for all the help :)

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
No problem i'm glad you have it sorted :)

If you require anymore assistance with any issue you may have please feel free to ask. After all this is what we are here for :)

Regards

Demonseed

Demonseed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
Thanks I am sure that I will require more help in the future. :)