Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Building First Computer

• Please log in to reply

Konsonum

Konsonum

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I was hoping to get advice on what computer build I should try for. The current ones I'm deciding on are a $400 budget one, $500 budget one, and a $600 budget one..

I'm looking to be able to play games such as Sims 3, Civilization IV, and Europa Universalis III at maximum quality very smoothly. I also hope to play the upcoming games Starcraft II and Civilization V smoothly as well.

Which build should I go for for an enjoyable time playing these sort of games, while spending the least amount of money possible? And should I make any modifications to a build if I were to choose it?

Edited by Konsonum, 24 June 2010 - 09:20 AM.

Advertisements

EnsignRedShirt

EnsignRedShirt

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I recommend looking over the game system requirements and working from there. Find the game with largest needs, and build around that. Then maybe go up a processor or two, or more if it's affordable or in your budget.

Might look at what others have done, such as Maximum PC, PC World or some of the other well known computer and parts sites.

Good luck!
EnsignRedShirt