Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

mouse cursor not moving in normal mode ok in safe ..not malware

• Please log in to reply

ryanduddy

ryanduddy

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
hi i just dealt with sweet tech in malware says my system is malware free seems to think it is microsoft related i would appreciate any help you can give...........(sweettech great btw)

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
I would guess a third-party driver is causing a conflict with the microsoft mouse & keyboard drivers in normal mode. Third-party drivers aren't loaded when you start Windows in safe mode so the conflict doesn't occur. It will will most likely be a third-party driver you've installed recently.

ryanduddy

ryanduddy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
thankyou for ur response i did manage to fix it since i posted...fingers crossed......removed norton using revo installer and ran chkdsk/r ...it found 1 corrupt file ...rebooted seems ok so far i have rebooted only 2times so we will c