Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HELP! Computer won't turn on!

• Please log in to reply

hbui

hbui

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i left my desktop on standby/sleep overnight (the power button blinks when its in this mode and it glows and fully turns on after i hit a key on the keyboard). after i got woken up by yesterday's earthquake (i live in ottawa), the power button was still blinking and when i hit a key, the fan just starts up and the power button doesnt even glow. i tried holding onto the power button to completely shut it down, but when i turn it on again, the fan just starts up with no glowing from the power button. also, normally when i turn it on, the fan would start up with a loud sound only for a few seconds, but now the sound doesnt stop until i completely turn it off

anyways, i'm not too sure if the shaking of the cpu from the earthquake caused this but its a pretty huge coincidence that i got this problem right after.

Regards,
Henry :)

Advertisements