Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Budget Gaming PC (first build ever)

• Please log in to reply

Lunchbox88

Lunchbox88

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Just wanted to get some opinions and recommendations on the parts for a budget gaming pc. I have already looked up parts I think would go well (which are listed at the bottom), but if you want to recommend anything please feel free and also let me know what you think of what I already picked out. I also am trying to decide between CPU coolers and I have two I have been looking at listed near the very bottom and would like opinions on that too.

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Gonna probably get the MoBo and CPU this week, but will have to hold off for a little bit on the other stuff. Should be able to get it all by the beginning of August.

BUDGET RANGE: 300-500 if possible

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Gaming, Surfing the Net, Recording (guitar), Photo Editing and Video Editing (and viewing), Word Processing.

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Speakers, Monitor, Keyboard and Mouse.

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Tiger Direct or New Egg COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA

PARTS PREFERENCES: I hear good things about ASUS MoBos so I would really like to stick to that, and also I am a fan of AMD more than Intel mostly cause of cost I guess which is funny cause I am more of a Nvidia fan too.

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION: Not too sure about what I will run it in, but I have a 32 inch Westinghouse LCD TV that will be used as a monitor.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: I just would like to get some opinions on the parts and how well everyone thinks it will turn out. I am pretty sure all the parts I selected are compatible, but I dunno how good they would be exactly for gaming and maybe if I wanted to overclock later. I also am trying to decide on a CPU cooler and I am hoping I get get some opinions from you guys on that. I have already narrowed it down pretty much between two for their low price, but I don't want to give up performance for low cost. I don't really mind how loud the fans are. I just am looking to build a computer that would be a good starter and easy to upgrade for gaming in the near future.

LIST OF PARTS I AM CURRENTLY CONSIDERING

NZXT M59-001BK M59 Gaming Mid Tower Case - ATX, mATX, Baby AT, Black

ASUS M4A785-M Motherboard & AMD ADX635WFK42GI Athlon II X4 635 Quad Core Processor Bundle

Patriot PGS24G6400ELK Gamer Series 4096MB PC6400 DDR2 Desktop Memory Upgrade - 800MHz, 2x2048MB, 5-5-5-12

Seagate ST3250318AS Barracuda 7200.12 Hard Drive - 250GB, 7200, 8MB, SATA-300

Ultra LSP650 650-Watt Power Supply - ATX, SATA-Ready, SLI-Ready, 135mm Fan, Lifetime Warranty

HP HPDVD1260I Multiformat DVD Writer - DVD+R 24X, DVD-R 24X, DVD+RW 8X, DVD-RW 6X, DVD-RAM 12X, SATA (OEM)

EVGA GeForce GTS 250 Video Card - 1024MB DDR3, PCI Express 2.0, (2) Dual Link DVI, SLI Ready

Cooler Master R4-L2R-20AC-GP Case Fan - 120mm, Blue

Coolmax CMF-1425-BL 140mm UV LED Cooling Case Fan - Blue

I AM CURRENTLY LOOKING AT THESE TWO CPU FANS

Ultra U12-40603 X-Wind 90mm CPU Cooler - 90mm Fan, Full Aluminum Heatsink

Cooler Master RR-B10-212P-GP Hyper 212 Plus CPU Cooler - 120mm

Well that's it, and I am looking forward to hearing your thoughts and opinions.

OH YEA ONE MORE THING! I dunno how much this matters but I am gonna be using some of my friends
Cooler Master Thermal Paste (I think this is the stuff)

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Please don't buy any hardware now if you want to "buy the rest in August". Things move quickly in this business. Buy it all at once now or buy it in August when things have moved price-wise (typically downwards) and you may be able to get something better for your money nearer the time.

skitzodancer

skitzodancer

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
why not go for water cooling ? its far better than traditional fan cooling and very easy to set up