Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xp to Vista games not working!

• Please log in to reply

vegasman

vegasman

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

I went and bought a Windows Vista SP1 upgrade to upgrade my Windows Xp to Windows Vista and I did so. But when I tryed to run any game eg. Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2, Assassins Creed 2, Dragon Age Origins ect. it would come up with a description box say either - FATAL ERROR Cannot initialize renderer (Call of Juarez Bound in Blood) or DirectX encounted an unrecoverable error. Check the readme for possible solutions (Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2). Please Help! I can't run any game!

Thank You

vegasman

Advertisements

Brother Bill

Brother Bill

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
There are a couple of things I would check. First make sure that you purchased the correct upgrade, 32 bit vs 64 bit. Then check to make sure that the games you have are compatible with your OS and you have the correct drivers. And you might make sure that DirectX is current. I've included a link to a current version.

DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer

I'm not a gamer, so past that I'm really shooting in the dark.

Good Luck,
Bill

vegasman

vegasman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

Yeah thanks Bill but unfortunently I tried all these ideas before I posted comment. But I think its got to do with DirectX. Because I was running directX 9.0 on my XP but when I upgraded it to a Vista I also got DirectX 11.0 soo if you know about this sort of stuff it would be a great help if you could tell me what to do :) . sooo thanks!