Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

*Bleep* in' A! Where's my A?

• Please log in to reply

JacquelineG

JacquelineG

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Okie, while I typed that I have no 'A' I kind of do, when using the 'on-screen keyboard'. Something I found rather by accident, pounding on the keyboard in anger/frustration. Anyhoo, this keyboard is an old IBM, I never experienced problems with it before, so kept it as a backup. My Dell keyboard, suddenly has no 't' or 'y', first every other time (since bout 3 days ago), now constant.
When I plugged this one in, the 'a' worked fine, now suddenly it does not. Two keyboards? Come on now! ;)
I know what you're thinking...eating/drinking in front of the computer = bad things happen, but NO! I'm surprisingly not messy that way, it's not spillage, I assure you. Tried to update the driver, etc. and so on..(I used the troubleshooter *waits for gold star*)
I even popped off the key covers and poked around, no response.
Any help/advice would be appreciated..I have remote assistance, but I'm a misanthrope, to some degree...:tazz:
Well, my burrito is gettin' cold and I'm sleepy, so ..thanks in advance.
[Rant] The letter 'A' is overused. [/Rant]

Advertisements

Insanitystreak

Insanitystreak

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
Could be the connection. Is it a usb keyboard on the round connection. Sometimes with the round one the wires bend.

JacquelineG

JacquelineG

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
No, it's just a serial connection or whatever..the wires were bent, I had coiled it in a linear fashion, b/c I hate cords. I undid that last night before posting, part of the 'troubleshooting'. I'm opting for the second keyboard, b/c it's only omitting one letter, versus two or three on the other. I suppose I'll get a new one, but I thought it odd that two keyboards that worked perfectly fine, suddenly both display the same problems.
I left something out, the other day my friend was on my computer during a storm in which we lost power. The computer came back with a blue message screen but it didn't stop me from booting Windows..?
Thanks for your reply, btw.
Oh, if by wires you mean the prongs to connect, they are not bent nor missing..*added*

Edited by JacquelineG, 23 May 2005 - 02:00 PM.