Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DCOM error

• Please log in to reply

Chinsky

Chinsky

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Help please

I have an HP Windows xp system with SP3 installed.
I have a reocurring error every 1 to 6 hours. Its driving me insane because I cant trouble shoot it.

With in the time frame mentioned above, I get no error message anything, my system just crashed and reboots.

System logs show the same error and its full of them.The error message is always the same save the server address.

The server {209500FC-6B45-4693-8871-6296C4843751} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

When the system reboots the Windows recovery pop up advises me to update my drivers.
I have done that, several times. I even bought "Driver Robot" from Blitzware to find what I might be missing, but driver updates are not resolving the problem.

Any suggestions?
Thanks

Advertisements