Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Increasing keyboard and mouse response

• Please log in to reply

wynnyelle

wynnyelle

• PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
i have a dell XPS from 2007. over the past few months it has crept up on me, little bylittle the mouse and keyboard response gets slower from a few minutes after i turn it on. makes browsing the web and anything else really frustrating to do. can anyone help?

shutting down always helps with this but before long it is doing this crap again, worse and worse the longer the computer stays on.

I have checked my system for malware and viruses, it seems clear to me, though Avast keeps on randomly shutting itself off much of the time, i have no problem just switching it back on.

Task manager's on and off thing is also gone, it is stuck on processes section only and to make it leave i have to hit "taskmgr" on processes and end it in order to get rid of task manager. it wont even go behind other windows till i do this.

help...?

Edited by wynnyelle, 26 June 2010 - 06:46 AM.

Advertisements

TheWhiteRose000

TheWhiteRose000

• PipPipPip
  • 302 posts
try using CCleaner to clean any registry errors.
And if you really want to check for malware, run malware bytes.

:3
Its a free program.

wynnyelle

wynnyelle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 116 posts
Thanks!

I found out that the problem was Firefox using up too much CPU. I shut it down more often now and wait till it clears completely on task manager then restart and it fixes the issue.