Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cmd.exe applicatin error

• Please log in to reply

grifinas

grifinas

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Helo, i recently had a problem with a cmd.exe . On my asumtion this is caused by "spybot search & destroy". You see i had many viruses so i instaled spybot he found around 120 of various spyware/malware/trojans. When i rebooted my PC it throwed me a few errors but only the cmd.exe kept on comming. I tried to recover files that had a "Win" writen, i dont know if that is why the other errors dont apear anymore. I'm running Windows XP SP3, will now write what else can i recover(maybe that will help you realise, how to help me :))

COMET CRUSORS
---registry file dont think it has something to do with the problem
WIN32.DELF.UV
---104 registry files all in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurentVersion\Image File Execution Options\(ALL SORT OF DIFRENT LETERS).exe\Debugger
FRAUD.CLEANUPANTIVIRUS
---All end with \URL and most of them start with HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20
FRAUD.MYSECURITYENGINE
---program directory C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETINGS\USER\APPLICATION DATA\MY SECURITY ENGINE
IEDEFENDER
---REGISTRY FILE PROBABLY NOT IMPORTANT
MICROSOFT.WindowsSecurityCenter.FirewallOverride
---2 registry files PROBABLY not important
Smitfraud-C.
---C:\DOCUMENTS AND SETINGS\USER\Local Setings\Temp\a.exe
Smitfraud-C.gp
---C:\WINDOWS\System32\c.ico

That is all
I could probably fix this by recovering all of the items, but i dont feel the apeal of having 120 viruses in my PC :)
So if you can please inform me of the files that i have to recover.
P.S. the command prompt seems to be working, cause it opens, but i havent tried typing anything cause im no hacker or anything.

Hope to get an answer soon

Advertisements

FNP

FNP

• PipPipPip
  • 606 posts
grifinas-

Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

I suggest taking a look at the Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide. This will help you disinfect the majority of malicious software from your system. If that doesn't solve your problem, post a new thread in the Removal Help for Virus, Malware, Rootkit, Search Redirect Forum.

If you are still having problems after being given a clean bill of health from the malware expert, then please return to this thread and we will pursue other options to help you solve your current problem(s).