Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

computer powers up

• Please log in to reply

green67

green67

• Pip
  • 9 posts
hi i don't know if this is a major problem but my computer switches itself on during the night all by itself?? a ghost that likes to play games i think not can anyone help?????

Edited by green67, 23 May 2005 - 06:39 AM.

Advertisements

Doby

Doby

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,075 posts
Hi,

I could give you some things to try if you no a little about computer hardware and are not afraid to risk opening the case and removing things.

I would be concerned as this is not normal and what ever is causing it will eventually brake so if you are not comfortable working inside a computer I would take it to a shop

Let me know how you wouyld like to proceed.
List your brand name and model name and number or specs if this is a custom build

Rick

green67

green67

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
:tazz: hi rick sorry i did not reply sooner but i took apart my computer and formatted the hard drives and all seems well, don't know what the problem was but it's stopped now did a bit of excorsism on the computer as well just in case many thanks for replying