Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

problem with sound

• Please log in to reply

RyanPa

RyanPa

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
hello i was refered here after taking care of some things in malware/spyware...this just happened recently to me and im not sure if its a byproduct of my malware/spyware or not but my sound is off terribly on the computer,it sounds like the voices are coming out of a cave or something and even weirder when i play a game or watch video it seems like its playing on 2 tracks because i can hear the music sort of but the vocals are all crazy sounding....any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
Check your sound software (probably in control panel). Some sound chips come with software which can apply special special effects like echo or environment effects. Probably needs those effects turning off.

RyanPa

RyanPa

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
thanks for responding phillip,i already checked on that and everything is normal it says.....im open to any advice i can get