Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer being very VERY slow

• Please log in to reply

Down With Malware!

Down With Malware!

• PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
I have done malware scans with malware bytes, avast, and I have Comodo firewall and such. So I am unsure whats causing such a slow down that its almost to a draging point. It takes at least 50 seconds for a web browser to me minimized and it takes over a minute to open a new web browser. my father has even noticed this also, and sometimes my web browser will maximize and minimize by itself for no reason at all. Also sometimes I have to terminate the process of my web browser to even close it down.

What might cause this problem? Too many background programs running? I don't think I have that much stuff running in the backround, this computer acts like it has an infection when all the scans are all negative. Can something possibly get in and just none of them can detect it?

The reason I posted here was to ask for advice on what else can possibly make a computer sluggish.

Edited by Down With Malware!, 26 June 2010 - 08:16 PM.

Advertisements

Aero A95

Aero A95

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
idont update my pc at all (windows scurityetc exerpt video and sound) its to late for ur pc i would wipe the entire drive save ur stuff and when u reinstall windows dont install updates win xp vista and 7 u only nee one anti virual avasts is a new version its free when it expires just uninstall download then reinstal recap u only need one anti virual and can u post ur system specs like cpu cpu speed video card and ram thx :)

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Formatting a system is always the last suggestion any tech would suggest.
Let's run some programs and see what we find.
Download Autoruns from the link in my signature below:
1: Extract the Autoruns Zip file contents to a folder.
2: Double-click the "Autoruns.exe".
3: Click on the "Everything" tab
4: Remove any entries that mention "File Not Found" by right-clicking the entry and select Delete.
5: Go to File then to Export As or Save in some versions.
6: Save AutoRuns.txt file to known location like your Desktop.
7: Attach to your next reply.

Download and install Free Everest Home Edition
Open it.
1: In left pane expand Computer folder.
2: Click once on Summary
3: In upper menu, go Report
4: And then to Quick Report-Summary
5: Save it in text file, and paste it in your next post.
Click the + by computer, click on Sensor. Get a screenshot and post it so I can check your temps and voltages...

DO NOT INCLUDE ANYTHING UNDER THE LINE THAT SAYS "DEBUG- PCI"

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

idont update my pc at all (windows scurityetc exerpt video and sound) its to late for ur pc i would wipe the entire drive save ur stuff and when u reinstall windows dont install updates win xp vista and 7 u only nee one anti virual avasts is a new version its free when it expires just uninstall download then reinstal recap u only need one anti virual and can u post ur system specs like cpu cpu speed video card and ram thx :)

Wow is that tough to read. Aero A95, I highly suggest that you take a course in proper grammar and learn punctuation. I really hope that Sari does not see this one. We also do not recommend a re-install until we have exhausted all other avenues of repair.

Down With Malware!

Complete the information as requested by Rshaffer61 and then we can continue from there.

123runner

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
It is very bad advice to suggest avoiding updating a computer system. First and foremost, updating is absolutely necessary to ensure the latest security threats are neutralized. Updates also are used by Microsoft, other software makers, and hardware makers alike to correct other issues - such as corrupt drivers. Failure to keep systems updated is not a safe practice. It also might lead to unintelligible spelling and grammar errors that give the appearance of adolescent unprofessionalism that hardly instills confidence in the advice given - a necessity in technical support forums!

As rshaffer61 correctly noted, reformatting is always a last resort option. This is because nothing about the problem is learned in the process to prevent recurrence of the problem. It also puts you months or even years behind in all those necessary updates. And as seen over and over again, it often does not fix the problem.

When did this problem start? Have there been any recent hardware changes? How much free disk space do you have?

We certainly need some more information about your system. We don't even know if this is a PC or a notebook. Hopefully, the Everest report will provide all that is needed in that respect. If not, I might suggest Speccy from the makers of CCleaner. The latest version has a great option to "publish" your system specs (less any personal information) and provides a convenient link to post to forums for easy review. So if Everest leaves too many items blank,

Download, install and run Speccy
When the scan completes, click on File > Publish Snapshot,
Click Yes,
Click Copy to clipboard,
Click Close.
Return to forum post, right-click in the post text field and select Paste to copy clipboard contents (link) into your post.

I mention Speccy only because the aging free version of Everest sometimes has problems identifying newer hardware completely. For example, it cannot identify my motherboard make or model number. It incorrectly calls my CPU a mobile CPU. It does not identify my BIOS and incorrectly reports I have Windows 7 Media Center Edition. Here's what my Speccy report looks like: http://speccy.pirifo...fMec3MFa0hoFAeO

Edited by Digerati, 27 June 2010 - 07:55 AM.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts

I mention Speccy only because the aging free version of Everest sometimes has problems identifying newer hardware completely. For example, it cannot identify my motherboard make or model number. It incorrectly calls my CPU a mobile CPU. It does not identify my BIOS and incorrectly reports I have Windows 7 Media Center Edition

I have started using PC Wizard 2010 in place of Everest due to the afore mentioned lack of identification.

123runner

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Yeah, PC Wizard is a decent program too but I really like how Speccy lets you create a report, then post the results.

Down With Malware!

Down With Malware!

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Alright sorry for the late reply, and second I will answer some questions and post a report.

I can't say when this problem started as it just built up over time ad just got more and more sluggish. Its only been like nine months since the last reformat that I had to do due to a virus (before I found this site)

Also this computer had 40 GB max and only 7.71 GB left of free space left. This is also a PC, I am sorry for not giving details right away. So here is the Everest report.

I have had some hardware changes, like a new sound card and recently we changed over to cox from dsl. Those are the only changes.
--------[ Summary ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
OS Service Pack Service Pack 3
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Computer Name RAYMOND-GZ6LIGZ
User Name Raymond

Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Pentium 4, 2800 MHz (21 x 133)
Motherboard Name Dell Dimension 3000
Motherboard Chipset Intel Morgan Hill i865GV
System Memory 768 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type Phoenix (01/05/06)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port ECP Printer Port (LPT1)

Display:
Video Adapter ATI Radeon X1550 Series Secondary (256 MB)
Video Adapter ATI Radeon X1550 Series (256 MB)
3D Accelerator Intel Extreme Graphics 2
Monitor Dell E172FP [17" LCD] (M16093B30KFL)

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter Creative SB0310 Audigy LS Sound Card
Audio Adapter Intel 82801EB ICH5 - AC'97 Audio Controller [A-2/A-3]

Storage:
IDE Controller Intel® 82801EB Ultra ATA Storage Controllers
Floppy Drive Floppy disk drive
Disk Drive ST340014A (40 GB, 7200 RPM, Ultra-ATA/100)
Optical Drive TSSTcorp CD/DVDW SH-S182M
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:
C: (NTFS) 38138 MB (7896 MB free)

Input:
Keyboard HID Keyboard Device
Mouse HID-compliant Mouse
Mouse HID-compliant Mouse

Network:
Network Adapter Intel® PRO/100 VE Network Connection (192.168.1.4)

Peripherals:
Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer
USB1 Controller Intel 82801EB ICH5 - USB Controller [A-2/A-3]
USB2 Controller Intel 82801EB ICH5 - Enhanced USB2 Controller [A-2/A-3]
USB Device USB Composite Device
USB Device USB Human Interface Device

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is the autoruns report. I just put this in plain text, I can try to get something else at your request too.

"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" "" "" ""
+ "avast5" "avast! Antivirus" "ALWIL Software" "c:\program files\alwil software\avast5\avastui.exe"
+ "MSPY2002" "" "" "c:\windows\system32\ime\pintlgnt\imscinst.exe"
+ "QuickTime Task" "QuickTime Task" "Apple Inc." "c:\program files\quicktime\qttask.exe"
"C:\Documents and Settings\Raymond\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" "" "" ""
+ "SpywareGuard.lnk" "SpywareGuard" "" "c:\program files\spywareguard\sgmain.exe"
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run" "" "" ""
+ "MSMSGS" "Windows Messenger" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\messenger\msmsgs.exe"
+ "msnmsgr" "Windows Live Messenger" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows live\messenger\msnmsgr.exe"
+ "SetDefaultMIDI" "mididef" "Creative Technology Ltd" "c:\windows\mididef.exe"
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce" "" "" ""
+ "FlashPlayerUpdate" "Adobe Flash Player Helper 10.0 r45" "Adobe Systems, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\macromed\flash\npswf32_flashutil.exe"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\Protocols\Handler" "" "" ""
+ "livecall" "Windows Live Messenger Protocol Handler Module" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows live\messenger\msgrapp.14.0.8089.0726.dll"
+ "msnim" "Windows Live Messenger Protocol Handler Module" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\windows live\messenger\msgrapp.14.0.8089.0726.dll"
+ "skype4com" "Skype for COM API" "Skype Technologies" "c:\program files\common files\skype\skype4com.dll"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "" "" ""
+ "Address Book 6" "Outlook Express Setup Library" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\outlook express\setup50.exe"
+ "Microsoft Outlook Express 6" "Outlook Express Setup Library" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\outlook express\setup50.exe"
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellExecuteHooks" "" "" ""
+ "SpywareGuard.Handler" "SpywareGuard Protection" "" "c:\program files\spywareguard\spywareguard.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\*\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "avast" "avast! Shell Extension" "ALWIL Software" "c:\program files\alwil software\avast5\ashshell.dll"
+ "SmartFTP" "SmartFTP Shell Tools" "SmartSoft Ltd." "c:\program files\smartftp client\sfshelltools.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\AllFileSystemObjects\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "MBAMShlExt" "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" "Malwarebytes Corporation" "c:\program files\malwarebytes' anti-malware\mbamext.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Directory\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "QuickFinderMenu" "QuickFinder Shell Extensions" "Novell, Inc., c/o Corel Corporation Limited" "c:\program files\wordperfect office 11\programs\pfse110.dll"
+ "SmartFTP" "SmartFTP Shell Tools" "SmartSoft Ltd." "c:\program files\smartftp client\sfshelltools.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Directory\Shellex\DragDropHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "SmartFTP Drop Handler" "SmartFTP Shell Tools" "SmartSoft Ltd." "c:\program files\smartftp client\sfshelltools.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Directory\Shellex\PropertySheetHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "QuickFinderPage" "QuickFinder Shell Extensions" "Novell, Inc., c/o Corel Corporation Limited" "c:\program files\wordperfect office 11\programs\pfse110.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Folder\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "avast" "avast! Shell Extension" "ALWIL Software" "c:\program files\alwil software\avast5\ashshell.dll"
+ "MBAMShlExt" "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" "Malwarebytes Corporation" "c:\program files\malwarebytes' anti-malware\mbamext.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Directory\Background\ShellEx\ContextMenuHandlers" "" "" ""
+ "ACE" "ACE Context Menu" "" "c:\program files\ati technologies\ati.ace\atiacmxx.dll"
+ "igfxcui" "igfxpph Module" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\igfxpph.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ShellIconOverlayIdentifiers" "" "" ""
+ "SmartFTP Drop" "SmartFTP Shell Tools" "SmartSoft Ltd." "c:\program files\smartftp client\sfshelltools.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Shell Extensions\Approved" "" "" ""
+ "Catalyst Context Menu extension" "ACE Context Menu" "" "c:\program files\ati technologies\ati.ace\atiacmxx.dll"
+ "For &People..." "Find People" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\outlook express\wabfind.dll"
+ "HyperTerminal Icon Ext" "HyperTerminal Applet Library" "Hilgraeve, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\hticons.dll"
+ "Microsoft Data Link" "Microsoft Data Access - OLE DB Core Services" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\common files\system\ole db\oledb32.dll"
+ "SmartFTP ContextMenu" "SmartFTP Shell Tools" "SmartSoft Ltd." "c:\program files\smartftp client\sfshelltools.dll"
+ "SmartFTP Drop Handler" "SmartFTP Shell Tools" "SmartSoft Ltd." "c:\program files\smartftp client\sfshelltools.dll"
+ "SmartFTP Drop ShellIconOverlayHandler" "SmartFTP Shell Tools" "SmartSoft Ltd." "c:\program files\smartftp client\sfshelltools.dll"
+ "SmartFTP Favorites Namespace" "SmartFTP Favorites Shell Extension" "SmartSoft Ltd." "c:\program files\smartftp client\sffavoritesshellextension.dll"
+ "SmartFTP Favorites Namespace" "SmartFTP Favorites Shell Extension" "SmartSoft Ltd." "c:\program files\smartftp client\sffavoritesshellextension.dll"
+ "SmartFTP MultiUpload Shell Namespace Extension" "SmartFTP FTP Shell Namespace Extension" "SmartSoft Ltd." "c:\program files\smartftp client\sfftpshellextension.dll"
+ "SmartFTP MultiUpload Shell Namespace Extension" "SmartFTP FTP Shell Namespace Extension" "SmartSoft Ltd." "c:\program files\smartftp client\sfftpshellextension.dll"
+ "SmartFTP Search Shell Namespace Extension" "SmartFTP FTP Shell Namespace Extension" "SmartSoft Ltd." "c:\program files\smartftp client\sfftpshellextension.dll"
+ "SmartFTP Shell Namespace Extension" "SmartFTP FTP Shell Namespace Extension" "SmartSoft Ltd." "c:\program files\smartftp client\sfftpshellextension.dll"
+ "SmartFTP Shell Namespace Extension" "SmartFTP Favorites Shell Extension" "SmartSoft Ltd." "c:\program files\smartftp client\sffavoritesshellextension.dll"
+ "SmartFTP ShellDropHandler" "SmartFTP Shell Tools" "SmartSoft Ltd." "c:\program files\smartftp client\sfshelltools.dll"
+ "SpywareGuard.Handler" "SpywareGuard Protection" "" "c:\program files\spywareguard\spywareguard.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects" "" "" ""
+ "&Yahoo! Toolbar Helper" "Yahoo! Toolbar" "Yahoo! Inc." "c:\program files\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn\yt.dll"
+ "Java™ Plug-In 2 SSV Helper" "Java™ Platform SE binary" "Sun Microsystems, Inc." "c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll"
+ "JQSIEStartDetectorImpl Class" "Java™ Quick Starter binary" "Sun Microsystems, Inc." "c:\program files\java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll"
+ "SingleInstance Class" "Yahoo! Single Instance for Mail" "Yahoo! Inc" "c:\program files\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn\ytsingleinstance.dll"
+ "SpywareGuardDLBLOCK.CBrowserHelper" "SpywareGuard Download Protection" "" "c:\program files\spywareguard\dlprotect.dll"
+ "Windows Live Sign-in Helper" "WindowsLiveLogin.dll" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\common files\microsoft shared\windows live\windowslivelogin.dll"
"HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\UrlSearchHooks" "" "" ""
+ "Yahoo! Toolbar" "Yahoo! Toolbar" "Yahoo! Inc." "c:\program files\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn\yt.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar" "" "" ""
+ "Yahoo! Toolbar" "Yahoo! Toolbar" "Yahoo! Inc." "c:\program files\yahoo!\companion\installs\cpn\yt.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extensions" "" "" ""
+ "Windows Messenger" "Windows Messenger" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\messenger\msmsgs.exe"
"Task Scheduler" "" "" ""
+ "Driver Fetch.job" "Driver Fetch by Blitware Technology Inc." "" "c:\program files\driver fetch\2.0.0.0\driverfetch.exe"
"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services" "" "" ""
+ "Ati HotKey Poller" "ATI External Event Utility EXE Module" "ATI Technologies Inc." "c:\windows\system32\ati2evxx.exe"
+ "ATI Smart" "ATI Smart" "" "c:\windows\system32\ati2sgag.exe"
+ "avast! Antivirus" "Manages and implements avast! antivirus services for this computer. This includes the resident protection, the virus chest and the scheduler." "ALWIL Software" "c:\program files\alwil software\avast5\avastsvc.exe"
+ "avast! Mail Scanner" "Implements mail scanning for avast! antivirus." "ALWIL Software" "c:\program files\alwil software\avast5\avastsvc.exe"
+ "avast! Web Scanner" "Implements web (HTTP) scanning for avast! antivirus." "ALWIL Software" "c:\program files\alwil software\avast5\avastsvc.exe"
+ "CLPSLS" "COMODO livePCsupport" "COMODO" "c:\program files\comodo\comodo livepcsupport\clpsls.exe"
+ "cmdAgent" "COMODO Internet Security Helper Service" "COMODO" "c:\program files\comodo\comodo internet security\cmdagent.exe"
+ "JavaQuickStarterService" "Prefetches JRE files for faster startup of Java applets and applications" "Sun Microsystems, Inc." "c:\program files\java\jre6\bin\jqs.exe"
+ "SbieSvc" "Sandboxie Service" "tzuk" "c:\program files\sandboxie\sbiesvc.exe"
"HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services" "" "" ""
+ "Aavmker4" "avast! Asynchronous Virus Monitor" "ALWIL Software" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aavmker4.sys"
+ "aswFsBlk" "avast! mini-filter driver (aswFsBlk)" "ALWIL Software" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswfsblk.sys"
+ "aswMon2" "avast! Standard Shield Support" "ALWIL Software" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswmon2.sys"
+ "aswRdr" "avast! TDI Redirect driver" "ALWIL Software" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswrdr.sys"
+ "aswSP" "avast! Self Protection" "ALWIL Software" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswsp.sys"
+ "aswTdi" "avast! Network Shield TDI driver" "ALWIL Software" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\aswtdi.sys"
+ "ati2mtag" "ATI Radeon WindowsNT Miniport Driver" "ATI Technologies Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\ati2mtag.sys"
+ "cmdGuard" "COMODO Internet Security Sandbox Driver" "COMODO" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\cmdguard.sys"
+ "cmdHlp" "COMODO Internet Security Helper Driver" "COMODO" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\cmdhlp.sys"
+ "ctsfm2k" "SoundFont® Manager (WDM)" "Creative Technology Ltd" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\ctsfm2k.sys"
+ "E100B" "Intel® PRO/100 Adapter NDIS 5.1 driver" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\e100b325.sys"
+ "ialm" "Intel Graphics Miniport Driver" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\ialmnt5.sys"
+ "Inspect" "COMODO Internet Security Firewall Driver" "COMODO" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\inspect.sys"
+ "LHidFlt2" "Logitech HID Filter Driver" "Logitech" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\lhidflt2.sys"
+ "LKbdFlt2" "Logitech Keyboard Filter Driver" "Logitech" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\lkbdflt2.sys"
+ "LMouFlt2" "Logitech Mouse Filter Driver" "Logitech" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\lmouflt2.sys"
+ "OMCI" "OMCI Device Driver" "Dell Computer Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\drivers\omci.sys"
+ "ossrv" "Creative OS Services Driver (WDM)" "Creative Technology Ltd." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\ctoss2k.sys"
+ "P17" "WDM Audio Miniport" "Creative Technology Ltd." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\p17.sys"
+ "Ptilink" "Direct Parallel Link Driver" "Parallel Technologies, Inc." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\ptilink.sys"
+ "SbieDrv" "Sandboxie Kernel Mode Driver" "tzuk" "c:\program files\sandboxie\sbiedrv.sys"
+ "Secdrv" "SafeDisc driver" "Macrovision Corporation, Macrovision Europe Limited, and Macrovision Japan and Asia K.K." "c:\windows\system32\drivers\secdrv.sys"
"HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Drivers32" "" "" ""
+ "msacm.iac2" "Indeo® audio software" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\iac25_32.ax"
+ "msacm.l3acm" "MPEG Layer-3 Audio Codec for MSACM" "Fraunhofer Institut Integrierte Schaltungen IIS" "c:\windows\system32\l3codeca.acm"
+ "msacm.sl_anet" "Audio codec for MS ACM" "Sipro Lab Telecom Inc." "c:\windows\system32\sl_anet.acm"
+ "msacm.trspch" "DSP Group TrueSpeech™ Audio Codec for MSACM V3.50" "DSP GROUP, INC." "c:\windows\system32\tssoft32.acm"
+ "vidc.cvid" "Cinepak® Codec" "Radius Inc." "c:\windows\system32\iccvid.dll"
+ "vidc.iv31" "" "" "c:\windows\system32\ir32_32.dll"
+ "vidc.iv32" "" "" "c:\windows\system32\ir32_32.dll"
+ "vidc.iv41" "Intel Indeo® Video 4.5" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\ir41_32.ax"
+ "vidc.iv50" "Intel Indeo® video 5.10" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\ir50_32.dll"
+ "vidc.VP60" "VP6 VIDEO FOR WINDOWS CODEC " "On2.com" "c:\windows\system32\vp6vfw.dll"
+ "vidc.VP61" "VP6 VIDEO FOR WINDOWS CODEC " "On2.com" "c:\windows\system32\vp6vfw.dll"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\Filter" "" "" ""
+ "Indeo® video 4.4 Compression Filter" "Intel Indeo® Video 4.5" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\ir41_32.ax"
+ "Indeo® video 4.4 Decompression Filter" "Intel Indeo® Video 4.5" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\ir41_32.ax"
"HKLM\Software\Classes\CLSID\{083863F1-70DE-11d0-BD40-00A0C911CE86}\Instance" "" "" ""
+ "9x8Resize" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "AC3Filter" "ac3filter" "" "c:\program files\rifftrax dvd player\ac3filter.ax"
+ "ACELP.net Audio Decoder" "ACELP.net Audio Decoder" "Sipro Lab Telecom Inc." "c:\windows\system32\acelpdec.ax"
+ "Allocator Fix" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "Bitmap" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "DirectDVD Equalizer" "" "" "c:\program files\rifftrax dvd player\ddvdeq.ax"
+ "Frame Eater" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "Indeo Video ® 5.1 Progressive Download Source" "Intel Indeo® video IVF Source Filter 5.10" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\ivfsrc.ax"
+ "Indeo® audio software" "Indeo® audio software" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\iac25_32.ax"
+ "Indeo® video 5.10 Compression Filter" "Intel Indeo® video 5.10" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\ir50_32.dll"
+ "Indeo® video 5.10 Decompression Filter" "Intel Indeo® video 5.10" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\ir50_32.dll"
+ "MatrixMixer" "MatrixMixer" "" "c:\windows\system32\matrix_mixer.ax"
+ "MPEG Layer-3 Decoder" "MPEG Layer-3 Audio Decoder" "Fraunhofer Institut Integrierte Schaltungen IIS" "c:\windows\system32\l3codecx.ax"
+ "Record Queue" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "RiffTraxCCX" "" "" "c:\documents and settings\raymond\application data\rifftrax\rifftraxccx.ax"
+ "ShotBoundaryDet" "Windows Movie Maker" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmmfilt.dll"
+ "ShotDetect" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "Stetch" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WIA Stream Snapshot Filter" "WIA Stream Snapshot Filter" "MyCompanyName" "c:\windows\system32\wiasf.ax"
+ "Windows Media Pad VU Data Grabber" "Windows Movie Maker" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmmfilt.dll"
+ "WM VIH2 Fix" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT Audio Analyzer" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT Black Frame Generator" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT DirectX Transform Wrapper" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT DV Extract Filter" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT FormatConversion" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT Import Filter" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT Interlacer" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT Log Filter" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT MuxDeMux Filter" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT Sample Info Filter" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT Screen capture Filter" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT Switch Filter" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT Virtual Renderer" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT Virtual Source" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
+ "WMT Volume" "Movie Maker Filters" "Microsoft Corporation" "c:\program files\movie maker\wmm2filt.dll"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\Appinit_Dlls" "" "" ""
+ " C:\WINDOWS\system32\guard32.dll" "COMODO Internet Security" "COMODO" "c:\windows\system32\guard32.dll"
"HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify" "" "" ""
+ "AtiExtEvent" "ATI External Event Utility DLL Module" "ATI Technologies Inc." "c:\windows\system32\ati2evxx.dll"
+ "igfxcui" "igfxdev Module" "Intel Corporation" "c:\windows\system32\igfxdev.dll"

---------------------------END-----------------------------------

Also if this information is not enough I can try to run that other program and give a report off of there as well. :)

Edited by Down With Malware!, 27 June 2010 - 11:23 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
OK Everest and Autoruns look good.
Lets try some basic stuff and see if we can speed this up.

Download TFC by OldTimer to your desktop
  • Please double-click TFC.exe to run it. (Note: If you are running on Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator).
  • It will close all programs when run, so make sure you have saved all your work before you begin.
  • Click the Start button to begin the process. Depending on how often you clean temp files, execution time should be anywhere from a few seconds to a minute or two. Let it run uninterrupted to completion.
  • Once it's finished it should reboot your machine. If it does not, please manually reboot the machine yourself to ensure a complete clean.

Download Auslogics Defrag from the link in my signature below. Auslogics Defrag in my opinion is better because:
It does a more comprehensive job at Defragging
It will actually show you what it is doing
At the end of working it will show you how much speed you picked up
You can view a online log of the files that Auslogics defragged

Let us know how everything is running when done with the above steps. We will continue with more intense steps if needed

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Only having 7.71 Gb of free space may be part of your problem. Running TFC and a defrag may help but before running a defrag, I would go through your Add and Remove Software applet in Control Panel and uninstall any unused programs first. Do this before defrag so defrag can take advantage of any freed up space. If not sure what a program is, just leave it.

Advertisements

Down With Malware!

Down With Malware!

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Wow, TFC deleted over 1,730 MB of temp files. I thought those files get removed as soon as you reboot? I am going to run the defrag and let you know how things are going. Also I have a question; if there is a program in add and remove but it cannot be uninstalled? Like the window will pop up and will stay there and you cannot delete the window, even when you go to the task manager.

Been a busy day, sorry for the slow reply's.

Update: I have just done the defragment there where over 8,600 files fragmented

Fragmentation before: 55.9%

Fragmentation after: 8.71%

Should I reboot after the defrag?

Edited by Down With Malware!, 27 June 2010 - 05:18 PM.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
See if Revo Uninstaller will take care of it.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

Should I reboot after the defrag?

You have to eventually.

Down With Malware!

Down With Malware!

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Thanks digerati, I have noticed a huge difference already. How often should I defrag the computer? and what about temp files?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I would suggest doing both at least once a week to keep everything in good order.