Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer being very VERY slow

• Please log in to reply

Down With Malware!

Down With Malware!

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 103 posts
Thanks again guys, I think we are done here. Yeah, that defraging and cleaning out temps worked a lot. You guys rock, you never cease to amaze me with your talents. :)

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Congratulations. :) for a successful resolution for your issue.

You are very welcome. I'm glad we could help and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :) :)

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Well, I am not a big fan of frequent defragging. Unless you regularly install and uninstall major applications, regular defragging is just not necessary. The exception, however, is if free disk space is at a premium. In that case, weekly or monthly defragging may help, BUT that is only a band-aid fix and the real solution is to buy a bigger drive, or add a second drive and move your applications to it.

Purging your system of clutter can be done weekly. Some folks do it daily. I would suggest getting CCleaner Slim Version for that. The slim version is the same as the full, it just does not try to shove extra tool bars on you. Before first use, go to Options > Settings > Advanced and ensure Only delete files in Windows Temp folders older than 24 hours is unchecked. What is nice about CCleaner is you can select which cookies you want to keep - so for example, if you select geekstogo.com, you will not have to keep entering your login credentials each time after running it.