Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What is best free web host?

• Please log in to reply

n00by

n00by

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
I need a host to make a website for my university project due in 2 weeks. Which host is best for me. I would like large webspace, no ads or pop-ups.

Thanks
n00by

Advertisements

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
I think its pretty tough to have large webspace with no ads or popus. I used http://www.geocities.com back in the day and thought it was fine for me.

What sort of project are you doing?

n00by

n00by

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
a scientific interactive poster

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
http://50webs.com

No ads at all, 60MB web space. Best free host around in my opinion. You can see my sorry site that is hosted by them: http://jakesite.50webs.com/

Insanitystreak

Insanitystreak

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
well www.tk were giving away free domain names but i think thats over nohw.

Spike3

Spike3

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Hi,

Give www.95mb a try. But they have strict rules so just read them before you go for it!

Cheers

Spike

n00by

n00by

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
thanx guys. when i finish my project i'll show you guys what ive done.

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*

well www.tk were giving away free domain names but i think thats over nohw.

View Post

they still give them away, but they have Pop-Ups. If you have a blocker, then they'll take you to an ad screen you have to click to go on. Also, the URL is dot.tk

Edited by jake6535, 24 May 2005 - 08:45 AM.

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*
*disregard post*

Edited by jake6535, 24 May 2005 - 12:08 PM.

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*

I think its pretty tough to have large webspace with no ads or popus. I used http://www.geocities.com back in the day and thought it was fine for me.
What sort of project are you doing?

View Post

Geocities tends to have ads that will mess up display in Opera, in my expierence. I would stay away from them, since you want this to be pretty multi-browser compatible. And, before anyway says anything, bravehost also has a fairly extreme ad amount. The best free short subdomain, co.nr. That is thier URl, the only ad they require is a little 88x31 button. Hope all this info helps. :tazz:

by the Way- Here is a little tiny site I found that was hosted b Bravehost. It was on the recently updated list, bit I just choose it because there wasn't hardly anything there. http://runescapetips1.bravehost.com .

Edited by jake6535, 24 May 2005 - 08:58 AM.

Advertisements

Spike3

Spike3

• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Hi

95mb haven't added any ads onto my site, it's meant to be ad free.

Have a look www.radial-uproar.95mb.com

Spike

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*

Hi

95mb haven't added any ads onto my site, it's meant to be ad free.

Have a look www.radial-uproar.95mb.com

Spike

View Post

*slaps self* I was thinking of 50Megs. I can'y believe I said that. Please just forget what I said.

n00by

n00by

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
i've registered with 95mb and they say theres no ads or popups. pretty good so far.
and i went to the dot.tk one and it says you can only register if you already have a site running....or something along those lines. so does that mean you dont get any webspace with them?

Guest_jake6535_*

Guest_jake6535_*

i've registered with 95mb and they say theres no ads or popups. pretty good so far.
and i went to the dot.tk one and it says you can only register if you already have a site running....or something along those lines. so does that mean you dont get any webspace with them?

View Post

They are just a free redirect URL service. So, you could put in like "somesite.95webs.com" and you could get "somesite.tk" . That's all it is.

tiara

tiara

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
HI
does your university offer you free web space? I'm from australia, and i've always had free webspace provided by the university, specially if yr studying it??

=]