Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Webcam problem

• Please log in to reply

VladTz

VladTz

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi there:). I`m new here, and I`m sorry if I haven`t posted where I should. And sorry for language mistakes, i`m from Romania :)

I have a realy annoying problem with my webcam. I installed the drivers from the cd that came with the webcam, amd when I try to launch AMCap, it sais that I have no video capture hardware. In device manager at imaging devices I have "USB Camera" with an exclamation sign (that means that the driver is not installed). My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate, and when I connect the webcam sais that is installing the device, but it doesn`t succeed. My webcam is made in China, I don`t know the producer, only the model (AW-2035). What can I do to make it work?

Advertisements

phillipcorcoran

phillipcorcoran

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts
First you need to be absoluteley sure that the driver is compatible with Windows 7 (ie does it say so on the driver disc?). Most Windows Vista drivers will work on Windows 7, but some will not, especially those supplied with some less well-known devices. There is the added problem that some older hardware has been abandoned by the manufacturer as far as new driver support for Windows 7 is concerned. In that case the only way out of the problem is to buy a new webcam.

I am in that situation. My 5-year old scanner has no Windows 7 driver and the Vista driver is no good. Epson is not going to issue any new drivers for it so I have to buy a new scanner.

VladTz

VladTz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
My webcam is pretty old, and the drivers from cd are for windows xp. I tried to install them in compatibility mode,but no succeed. I guess that`s the end...or I`ll install win xp as my second OS on the computer :)

Thanx for the reply. Have a nice day.

SpywareDr

SpywareDr

Member 3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts
Windows 7 features > Windows XP Mode
http://windows.micro...windows-xp-mode

Windows Virtual PC > Download Windows XP Mode
http://www.microsoft...c/download.aspx