Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Second SATA drive problems

• Please log in to reply

CuBiCLe

CuBiCLe

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello everyone! Well, one week ago my computer was fine. I have two HDs. The ATA one is my "main disk", where I have XP, and the other is a 120GB SATA one where I keep pictures, music and misc stuff. Well, one day Windows stop working, so I formatted C: (I have 5 partitions, 3 on the 80GB ATA and 2 on the SATA one) and installed Windows anew. Now, the SATA drive appears in the RAID setup when turning the PC on, but I can't make it appear in Windows! It just doesn't appear; not on Device Manager, not in Computer Management>Storage, nowhere. The only thing that signifies its existance is that it is a Primary RAID Drive. What should I do to make it appear?

Edited by CuBiCLe, 23 May 2005 - 06:59 AM.

Advertisements

CuBiCLe

CuBiCLe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Sorry for the double post but any input would be greatly appreciated...