Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

YOUTUBE VIDEO CHOPPY

• Please log in to reply

luis555

luis555

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
ok i'm so frustrated with this so i would really appreciate as much help as i can get.

on one of my computers youtube video is SUPER choppy on all internet browsers (IE, firefox and google chrome), it used to work just fine a couple of months ago and i've done everything that i can possiblY think of to fix it and NOTHING has helped, i have another pc and a laptop and they both run the videos just fine, its not a matter of connectivity either because i can let the videos load completely and it'll still do it (i've also tried connecting it with the wire), i havent tried that many websites but some stream video ok but youtube doesnt, i've done the following:
-updated flash and shockwave
-updated firefox and IE and google chrome
-downloaded the latest video codecs
-did a disk clean up and defrag
-ran a registry cleaner
-updated java
-updated .NET framework
-turned off hardware acceleration (as the computer doesnt have a video card)
-Installed a 3d video card from one of my other computers onto it
-did a system restore
-reinstalled windows xp sp3

none of these things helped at all, the computers specs are:
-amd athlon processor
-630 mb of ram
-windows xp sp3
-latest versions of flash and firefox, ie, and google chrome
-running on wireless internet (but again connectivity is not the issue)

i've been battling with this crap for days and i'm completely out of ideas, any help would be greatly appreciated

Advertisements