Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Removed Deal Time app, Dell 4600 won't boot past welcome screen

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I'm not sure if this is posted in the correct forum. If not, please move it.

Is there anything I can do to get my computer to boot up again? It was running SO slow to do anything so I wanted to clean it up some. I used Windows XP Manager to remove a program called Deal Time, which I didn't even know was on my computer, and now it won't boot up past the blue MSN welcome screen. I hear noise and see the green light flash sporadically but nothing happens. That Deal Time program was HUGE. It contained over 4000 files, broken registry files and about 12 folders. I did choose the option of making a back-up registry, but I can't even access it because my computer won't get past the welcome screen.

BTW, I have already tried booting in Safe mode.

Any help would be most appreciated. Just as anyone else could say, I have very valuable data on that computer like the pictures from my son's first few years.

Thank you in advance.

• 34,114 posts
Please do not double post. You started the same topic 5 minutes before this one HERE so I'm closing this one.

Edited by rshaffer61, 27 June 2010 - 08:07 PM.