windows 7 problem
Posted 27 June 2010 - 08:49 PM
Posted 28 June 2010 - 07:10 AM
1) Are you unable to get zip/rar files from a particular location or all locations?
2) Verify that you have an application that can handle zip/rar files. A good open source utility is 7-zip, which you can obtain from here 7-zip.
Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:46 PM
Posted 13 July 2010 - 06:30 AM
Please verify that your .zip files are associated with a program meant to manage these types of files and not a picture editor.
To do this follow these instructions:
1) Navigate to Start > Control Panel > Default Programs and then select Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
2) Look for the zip file and rar file extensions and note the program it is associated with. If you see a program meant to edit pictures as the default, this is your problem.
3) Change the default program by highlighting the file extension and then choose the Change Program button and choose a program from the list, a program that can manage .zip and .rar files. And then see if your mpeg files turn into .zip and .rar files accordingly.
Please let me know the results, this is purely just a theory and if the .zip and .rar file extensions do not appear in the list, then we'll have to look elsewhere to solve the problem.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users