Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows live messenger alternative with webcam support

• Please log in to reply

cyberwil

cyberwil

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi guys here's the issue. WLM is seriously driving me nuts with it's forced updates to a very fragile and buggy new version and not having a choice not to update and continue using the older version. i am a webcam/webchat freak and i loved WLM 8 and ealier because they were less bloated and did the job with ease. i have switched to emesene which is great for your average chatting and use of custom emoticons etc. if only it had great webcam support i wouldn't be asking for your help. i have tried amsn, trillian, digsby, pidgin etc, and tried web based clients such as meebo and iloveim. i am having very little joy with these alternatives. can anyone please suggest good alternatives or plugins to the apps i have mentioned to fully support webcam chats especially two way video conversations or more etc. thanks in advance

Advertisements