Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Outlook Express issues

• Please log in to reply

Speech99

Speech99

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Good morning!

I started having email problems on my main computer, and couldn't get any help from my ISP. I'm using Outlook Express running on Windows XP. It was working fine, then I had an email account get full on Earthlink. Now 2 different email accounts, one hosted on godaddy.com, the other on earthlink, won't download, and I get the following error messages:

An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'B and L Brands', Server: 'pop.secureserver.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C0133

An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'pop.ix.netcom.com', Server: 'pop.ix.netcom.com', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800C0133

I had read on other boards that I may have had too many messages in my folders, which I probably did. I emptied my deleted folder, and then tried to delete messages in my inbox, but can't delete them. I push the X, and nothing. Then I tried to create a new folder and move some of them to that folder, which worked at first, but now I can't move them either.

All help is appreciated!

Advertisements

Brother Bill

Brother Bill

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
See if the solution posted at the link below will help.

error number: 0x800c0133” Outlook Express

Speech99

Speech99

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
Thanks, and I should have posted that too, but that was the first solution I found, and it didn't work.

Brother Bill

Brother Bill

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Sorry. Most of the fixes that I can find are basically the same. The one below posted in the Microsoft Communities gets a little more in depth but is still the same.

Error code 0x800C0133 occur during receive mail in Outlook Express 6 General

Did you shut down and restart Express after wards?

Speech99

Speech99

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
I've restarted Outlook and my computer. I also removed some programs, hopefully freeing up some space. Still get the same message. When i click the send/receive button, it shows how many messages are on the server to download, but then stops. I does download 1 of my 3 emails fully.