Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Explorer.exe Error; Help

• Please log in to reply

RoundUp

RoundUp

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I get the error Explorer.exe with referenced memory # something. It asks me to terminate it and/or debug. I debug and the entire screen has nothing but the wallpaper. No icons, nadda. Can you guys help me please!? I have another error too but i'll save that one for another day.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Please tell me what the other error is it could be very relevant and what is the full message on the referenced memory.

RoundUp

RoundUp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Please tell me what the other error is it could be very relevant and what is the full message on the referenced memory.

Right now the only thing i can tell you is that i also have the SVCHOST.EXE error as well. I will have to find out the rest of the message from those two later.

Edited by RoundUp, 28 June 2010 - 03:20 PM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
http://onecare.live....-Us/default.htm

Pls go to this link.
Select Safety Scanner
Click the full service scan. Click complete scan. When it offers the option click customize Select comprehensive scan and check both boxes
UNCHECK the boxes on performance
Check the open ports scan.
Then scan.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 28 June 2010 - 04:40 PM.

RoundUp

RoundUp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

http://onecare.live....-Us/default.htm

Pls go to this link.
Select Safety Scanner
Click the full service scan. Click complete scan. When it offers the option click customize Select comprehensive scan and check both boxes
UNCHECK the boxes on performance
Check the open ports scan.
Then scan.

I'm trying this right now so it will be a bit. Referring to your last comment before, i got this error.

"The Instruction at Ox00bbfdb0 with referenced memory "same number as before". Memory could not be read.

RoundUp

RoundUp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Alrighty, i tried it and tested it. It didn't work. Although it did get some other crap outta my system. I thank you for that. Should i give you my computer specs or something?

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Does this error then prevent Windows loading sometimes If so press F8 on first post and se if you can enter on Safe Mode. That is just Safe Mode, not Safe Mode with networking.
Then open My Computer, right click the hard drive, click properties and click Tools, then click Error Checking, then click Check Now, click to check the box Automatically fix file system errors, click Start and in reply to the message "Do you wish to reschedule for next restart" click Yes.
Restart and let it run. DO NOT INTERRUPT
Pls post back when completed.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 30 June 2010 - 02:05 PM.

RoundUp

RoundUp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Does this error then prevent Windows loading sometimes If so press F8 on first post and se if you can enter on Safe Mode. That is just Safe Mode, not Safe Mode with networking.
Then open My Computer, right click the hard drive, click properties and click Tools, then click Error Checking, then click Check Now, click to check the box Automatically fix file system errors, click Start and in reply to the message "Do you wish to reschedule for next restart" click Yes.
Restart and let it run. DO NOT INTERRUPT
Pls post back when completed.

Nope it didn't help at all.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
So, will the computer load Windows in normal mode OR does it produce the Explorer.exe error EVERT TIME.
If so will it load Safe Mode without the error.

RoundUp

RoundUp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

So, will the computer load Windows in normal mode OR does it produce the Explorer.exe error EVERT TIME.
If so will it load Safe Mode without the error.

Well, it loads it but after acouple mintues of loading, it starts giving me those errors and then it makes Windows disappear.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Please try and give me the answer to each post.
ie: Will it load and work in Safe Mode without the error.
Safe Mode loads a minumum set of drivers and it maybe that will help identify the cause

RoundUp

RoundUp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Please try and give me the answer to each post.
ie: Will it load and work in Safe Mode without the error.
Safe Mode loads a minumum set of drivers and it maybe that will help identify the cause

IM sorry, i'll just reply to each post like this. Sorry if this isn't what you want. I am sick right now so i can't think worth crap. LOL

1.) For IE: It will load it in Safe Mode.
2.) OneCare: It Didn't Work.
3.) Auto Fix Errors on HD: Didn't Work
4.) Explorer.exe error message: The Instruction at Ox00bbfdb0 with referenced memory "same number as before". Memory could not be read.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
There is absolutely no need to apologise, it was just that I was not sure if it would run in Safe Mode sufficiently to carry out some tests.
Pls download this and run it in Safe Mode
Allow it to run two passes.
It will keep running until you stop it.
http://www.memtest.org/

Edited by Macboatmaster, 02 July 2010 - 02:12 PM.

RoundUp

RoundUp

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

There is absolutely no need to apologise, it was just that I was not sure if it would run in Safe Mode sufficiently to carry out some tests.
Pls download this and run it in Safe Mode
Allow it to run two passes.
It will keep running until you stop it.
http://www.memtest.org/

CAn you show me step by step on how to Install and Run it so it will run. I did it and can't find the program now. Thanks!

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
http://forums.pcper....ad.php?t=353712